When I first started my paper flower business I was unsure of what templates to use. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to purchase some or if I should design my own. So I tried out a few designs and really loved the way they turned out.
A year later I have started making tutorials for my templates and now sell them on my Etsy shop!
If you’re looking for some inspiration you can visit my Facebook or Instagram pages.
Or, visit a few of my blogs!
- Nursery Sets for Sisters
- Custom Bedroom Set
- White & Gold Birthday Party
- Pink, Black, & White Bedroom Inspiration
- Gather supplies. The supplies you need are
- The Ruth template. You can purchase it here.
- Paper. I used 8.5″ x 11″ Recollections paper from Michael’s
- 12 sheets for the flower and 1 for the base (or 1 half piece)
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Paper flower center
- Something to curl your petals – large glue stick, bone shaping tool, etc.
- Trace your petals. You’ll need 6 of each size
- Cut out the petals
- Cut a base and cut a slit down the petals. The longer the slit, the lower your flower will sit. The shorter the slit, the taller your flower will sit. I prefer longer slits.
- Curl the petals in the shape you prefer. For this particular tutorial I shape one side of petal backwards and one side forwards.
- Glue the slit. Place glue on the left slit and fold over the right slit.
- Glue each layer of petals onto the base. I taper each layer of petals so they don’t lay directly on top of each other.
- Add your center!
If you’d like the full set of instructions, please purchase the template here.
Leave a Reply