When I first started my paper flower business I was unsure of what templates to use. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to purchase some or if I should design my own. So I tried out a few designs and really loved the way they turned out.
A year later I have started making tutorials for my templates and now sell them on my Etsy shop!
Or, visit a few of my blogs!
- Nursery Sets for Sisters
- Custom Bedroom Set
- White & Gold Birthday Party
- Pink, Black, & White Bedroom Inspiration
- Gather supplies. The supplies you need are
- The Hillary template. You can purchase it here.
- Paper. I used 8.5″ x 11″ Recollections paper from Michael’s
- 12 sheets for the flower and 1 for the base (or 1 half piece)
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Paper flower center
- Something to curl your petals – large glue stick, bone shaping tool, etc.
- Trace your petals. You’ll need 6 of each size
- Cut out the petals
- Cut a base and cut a slit down the petals. The longer the slit, the lower your flower will sit. The shorter the slit, the taller your flower will sit. I prefer longer slits.
- Curl the petals in the shape you prefer.
- Glue the slit. Place glue on the left slit and fold over the right slit.
- Glue each layer of petals onto the base. I taper each layer of petals so they don’t lay directly on top of each other.
- Add your center!
If you’d like the full set of instructions, please purchase the template here.